Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Fri August 30, 2013
McConnell And Paul Push To Lift Fishing Restrictions
U.S. Senators Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul are pressing to permanently lift restrictions on fishing below dams along the Cumberland River. Earlier this year McConnell and Paul, with help from congressional colleagues, passed a law that would temporarily block a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers proposal to erect barriers to prevent fishing in what anglers consider prime waters.
Now, they are urging the chairman of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure to make a two-year moratorium imposed in June permanent by including it in the House Water and Resources and Development Act. The House is expected to take up the bill in September.