Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu October 28, 2010
Mayoral Candidates' Campaign Assets
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Council member and mayoral candidate Jeff Burkhart's campaign fundraising has surged, but remains behind rival Kim McMillan's. Burkhart raised about $65,000 this year, trailing McMillan by some $25,000. Burkhart has reported spending almost $40,000, while McMillan has spent over $50,000. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the five other mayoral candidates vying for the seat have all either raised and spent nothing or less than $100.