Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri September 4, 2009
Mayor Piper forwards anti-Muslim e-mail
Clarksville, KY – Clarksville mayor Piper is defending an e-mail he forwarded to city officials and employees. The Leaf Chronicle reports the email urges readers to boycott a stamp honoring two Muslim holidays, and asks readers to remember a number of "Muslim" terrorist attacks. Piper says the e-mail wasn't anti-Muslim but gave information for others to draw their own conclusions. Clarksville Islamic center president Ahmed Joudah (JO-dah) says the e-mails contents represent "appalling ignorance of what Islam is, and who Muslims are."