Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue November 18, 2008
Mayfield Teenager Arraigned
By Casey Northcutt
Mayfield, KY – A Mayfield teen may soon be tried on manslaughter charges. Commonwealth prosecuting attorney David Hargrove says 18 year-old Ethan Edwards pleaded not guilty yesterday in the Graves Circuit Court to allegedly giving narcotics to 17 year-old Adam Hogarty in the form of a drink called "morphine tea." Made from brewed poppy seeds, the drink contained opiates such as morphine and codeine and eventually led to Hogarty's death. Edwards is charged with manslaughter and trafficking drugs to a minor. Hargrove says he will hold a status conference with Edwards' attorney, Royce Buck, in December, and a pretrial conference will quickly follow.