Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Man Receives 60 Year Army Service Pin
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans. John Baldree (102 in March) has received a 60-year service pin this weekend.
Mr. Baldree's nephew Randie says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during WWII and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randi Baldree says his uncle has told him about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.