Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Man Receives 60 Year Army Service Pin
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans. John Baldree (102 in March) has received a 60-year service pin this weekend.
Mr. Baldree's nephew Randie says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during WWII and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randi Baldree says his uncle has told him about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.