Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Man Receives 60 Year Army Service Pin
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans. John Baldree (102 in March) has received a 60-year service pin this weekend.
Mr. Baldree's nephew Randie says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during WWII and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randi Baldree says his uncle has told him about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.