Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue June 5, 2012
Mayfield Man Receives 60 Year Army Service Pin
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans. John Baldree (102 in March) has received a 60-year service pin this weekend.
Mr. Baldree's nephew Randie says his uncle was an engineer in the U.S. Army during WWII and helped build airfields in the Philippines and Australia for the Army Air Corps. Randi Baldree says his uncle has told him about the humorous events overseas, but never discusses memories of the Japanese bombings.