Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon August 26, 2013
Mayfield High Wins First Junior Chef Competition
Mayfield High School won first place at the very first Farm to School Junior Chef championship at the Kentucky State Fair. The three-member team from Mayfield came away with a narrow victory over Fern Creek at last week's competition.
The Mayfield team used a baked fajita recipe to win. The competition teaches students cooking skills, encourages healthy food choices and raises awareness about local foods. State Ag Commissioner James Comer says the competition teaches students appreciation for agriculture. Sullivan University awarded $6,000 scholarships for each member of the winning team and dollar scholarships for each member of the runner-up team.