Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon August 26, 2013
Mayfield High Wins First Junior Chef Competition
Mayfield High School won first place at the very first Farm to School Junior Chef championship at the Kentucky State Fair. The three-member team from Mayfield came away with a narrow victory over Fern Creek at last week's competition.
The Mayfield team used a baked fajita recipe to win. The competition teaches students cooking skills, encourages healthy food choices and raises awareness about local foods. State Ag Commissioner James Comer says the competition teaches students appreciation for agriculture. Sullivan University awarded $6,000 scholarships for each member of the winning team and dollar scholarships for each member of the runner-up team.