Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 26, 2013
Mayfield High Wins First Junior Chef Competition
Mayfield High School won first place at the very first Farm to School Junior Chef championship at the Kentucky State Fair. The three-member team from Mayfield came away with a narrow victory over Fern Creek at last week's competition.
The Mayfield team used a baked fajita recipe to win. The competition teaches students cooking skills, encourages healthy food choices and raises awareness about local foods. State Ag Commissioner James Comer says the competition teaches students appreciation for agriculture. Sullivan University awarded $6,000 scholarships for each member of the winning team and dollar scholarships for each member of the runner-up team.