Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue February 14, 2012
Mayfield Creek Bridge Plans
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say bidding for building contracts for a new Mayfield Creek KY 1241 Leeder Bottom bridge could begin as soon as April. KYTC Engineers say the project is in the final design phase. Inspectors closed the bridge last April after floods damaged a pier. And the bridge collapsed in June before repair plans could be formulated. Engineers believe if everything stays on schedule and plans are approved as developed, construction on a new bridge could start sometime in June, and it could be opened to traffic raising the likelihood by the end of the year.