Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue February 14, 2012
Mayfield Creek Bridge Plans
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say bidding for building contracts for a new Mayfield Creek KY 1241 Leeder Bottom bridge could begin as soon as April. KYTC Engineers say the project is in the final design phase. Inspectors closed the bridge last April after floods damaged a pier. And the bridge collapsed in June before repair plans could be formulated. Engineers believe if everything stays on schedule and plans are approved as developed, construction on a new bridge could start sometime in June, and it could be opened to traffic raising the likelihood by the end of the year.