Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue February 14, 2012
Mayfield Creek Bridge Plans
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say bidding for building contracts for a new Mayfield Creek KY 1241 Leeder Bottom bridge could begin as soon as April. KYTC Engineers say the project is in the final design phase. Inspectors closed the bridge last April after floods damaged a pier. And the bridge collapsed in June before repair plans could be formulated. Engineers believe if everything stays on schedule and plans are approved as developed, construction on a new bridge could start sometime in June, and it could be opened to traffic raising the likelihood by the end of the year.