Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue February 14, 2012
Mayfield Creek Bridge Plans
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say bidding for building contracts for a new Mayfield Creek KY 1241 Leeder Bottom bridge could begin as soon as April. KYTC Engineers say the project is in the final design phase. Inspectors closed the bridge last April after floods damaged a pier. And the bridge collapsed in June before repair plans could be formulated. Engineers believe if everything stays on schedule and plans are approved as developed, construction on a new bridge could start sometime in June, and it could be opened to traffic raising the likelihood by the end of the year.