Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
2014 Senate Race
Thu October 10, 2013
Matt Bevin Hires National Communications Director
Republican Matt Bevin has hired a national communications director to work on his U.S. Senate campaign.
Bevin announced yesterday the hiring of Rachel Semmel, an Indiana native who has worked for three Republican congressmen over nearly six years in Washington.
Bevin’s a Louisville businessman who is challenging Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in next year's Republican primary.
The winner of the GOP primary will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in next year's general election. Grimes, Kentucky's secretary of state, faces no serious opposition for the Democratic nomination.