Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
2014 Senate Race
Thu October 10, 2013
Matt Bevin Hires National Communications Director
Republican Matt Bevin has hired a national communications director to work on his U.S. Senate campaign.
Bevin announced yesterday the hiring of Rachel Semmel, an Indiana native who has worked for three Republican congressmen over nearly six years in Washington.
Bevin’s a Louisville businessman who is challenging Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in next year's Republican primary.
The winner of the GOP primary will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in next year's general election. Grimes, Kentucky's secretary of state, faces no serious opposition for the Democratic nomination.