Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
2014 Senate Race
Thu October 10, 2013
Matt Bevin Hires National Communications Director
Republican Matt Bevin has hired a national communications director to work on his U.S. Senate campaign.
Bevin announced yesterday the hiring of Rachel Semmel, an Indiana native who has worked for three Republican congressmen over nearly six years in Washington.
Bevin’s a Louisville businessman who is challenging Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in next year's Republican primary.
The winner of the GOP primary will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in next year's general election. Grimes, Kentucky's secretary of state, faces no serious opposition for the Democratic nomination.