Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
2014 Senate Race
Thu October 10, 2013
Matt Bevin Hires National Communications Director
Republican Matt Bevin has hired a national communications director to work on his U.S. Senate campaign.
Bevin announced yesterday the hiring of Rachel Semmel, an Indiana native who has worked for three Republican congressmen over nearly six years in Washington.
Bevin’s a Louisville businessman who is challenging Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in next year's Republican primary.
The winner of the GOP primary will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in next year's general election. Grimes, Kentucky's secretary of state, faces no serious opposition for the Democratic nomination.