Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
2014 Senate Race
Thu October 10, 2013
Matt Bevin Hires National Communications Director
Republican Matt Bevin has hired a national communications director to work on his U.S. Senate campaign.
Bevin announced yesterday the hiring of Rachel Semmel, an Indiana native who has worked for three Republican congressmen over nearly six years in Washington.
Bevin’s a Louisville businessman who is challenging Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in next year's Republican primary.
The winner of the GOP primary will likely face Democratic front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes in next year's general election. Grimes, Kentucky's secretary of state, faces no serious opposition for the Democratic nomination.