Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 30, 2012
Marshall County Liquor Vote
A Marshall County group delivered a petition to the county courthouse yesterday which, when the petition is verified will lead to a referendum on county-wide alcohol sales. The group, named Marshall First, collected 2,400 signatures, well above the required 2,078 required to open a vote. The Paducah Sun reports Judge Executive Mike Miller now has 60 to 90 days to order a referendum once the signatures have been verified. Members of Marshall first claim legalizing alcohol sales would generate additional revenue for the county.