Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri March 30, 2012
Marshall County Liquor Vote
A Marshall County group delivered a petition to the county courthouse yesterday which, when the petition is verified will lead to a referendum on county-wide alcohol sales. The group, named Marshall First, collected 2,400 signatures, well above the required 2,078 required to open a vote. The Paducah Sun reports Judge Executive Mike Miller now has 60 to 90 days to order a referendum once the signatures have been verified. Members of Marshall first claim legalizing alcohol sales would generate additional revenue for the county.