Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri March 30, 2012
Marshall County Liquor Vote
A Marshall County group delivered a petition to the county courthouse yesterday which, when the petition is verified will lead to a referendum on county-wide alcohol sales. The group, named Marshall First, collected 2,400 signatures, well above the required 2,078 required to open a vote. The Paducah Sun reports Judge Executive Mike Miller now has 60 to 90 days to order a referendum once the signatures have been verified. Members of Marshall first claim legalizing alcohol sales would generate additional revenue for the county.