Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri March 30, 2012
Marshall County Liquor Vote
A Marshall County group delivered a petition to the county courthouse yesterday which, when the petition is verified will lead to a referendum on county-wide alcohol sales. The group, named Marshall First, collected 2,400 signatures, well above the required 2,078 required to open a vote. The Paducah Sun reports Judge Executive Mike Miller now has 60 to 90 days to order a referendum once the signatures have been verified. Members of Marshall first claim legalizing alcohol sales would generate additional revenue for the county.