Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu March 28, 2013
Man's Estate Donates To Every KY Animal Shelter
A Muhlenberg County farmer who never turned away a stray cat has left a portion of his estate to every county-run animal shelter in the state. County officials around the Commonwealth received checks earlier this month from a man they never met. Muhlenberg County dairy farmer Bland Hardison made sure all of Kentucky's 120 counties will receive a check for $1,432.47.
The money is meant for animal shelters or animal control programs if the county doesn't have a facility. His widow, Jonell Hardison, says her husband loved the animals on his farm, even the stray cats that wandered on to the property. In total, Hardison set aside nearly $1 million in donations to various charities in his estate, which took several years to settle.