Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon June 25, 2007
Manhunt: 12 Days Search for Lincoln's Killer
By Michael Cohen
Murray, KY – With the bloody Civil War finished, Author James L. Swanson tells us, Abraham Lincoln was "jubilant." But not all was jubilant for Actor and Activist, John Wilkes Booth. After the infamous assassination on April 14th, 1865, Booth ran for his life in what Swanson calls "A Twelve Day Manhunt." Hear what mystery novel expert Michael Cohen thinks about this "murder most foul!"
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Cohen's commentary. Michael Cohen is Professor Emeritus at Murray State University. He is the author of "Murder Most Fair: The Appeal of Mystery Fiction," published by Fairleigh Dickinson University Press.
Read the text for this commentary here.