Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon November 19, 2012
Man Dead in Southern Ill. Mining Accident
A worker has died after being trapped in machinery Saturday at a Saline County, Ill., mine. The incident happened at Willow Lake Mine. The operation, which employs about 460 people, is run by a subsidiary of Peabody Energy Corporation. Peabody Spokesperson Meg Gallagher says 30-year-old Chad Meyers of Goreville died after being pinned by a continuous mining machine he was operating.
Gallagher says work has stopped while state and federal authorities investigate.