Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed January 29, 2014
Mammoth Cave Hosting Conservation Conference
A summit to focus on the protection of the Green River will be held at Mammoth Cave National Park next month.
The two-day event begins on February 20.
It will bring environmentalists, federal and state officials and landowners together to gather input on how to preserve the river's watershed.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is sponsoring the summit, along with the Nature Conservancy and Kentucky Waterways Alliance.
Information gathered during the event will be put in a watershed plan, which will detail recommendations for sustainable projects, policy and guidelines.
Attendees are being asked to pre-register for the free event.