Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed January 29, 2014
Mammoth Cave Hosting Conservation Conference
A summit to focus on the protection of the Green River will be held at Mammoth Cave National Park next month.
The two-day event begins on February 20.
It will bring environmentalists, federal and state officials and landowners together to gather input on how to preserve the river's watershed.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is sponsoring the summit, along with the Nature Conservancy and Kentucky Waterways Alliance.
Information gathered during the event will be put in a watershed plan, which will detail recommendations for sustainable projects, policy and guidelines.
Attendees are being asked to pre-register for the free event.