Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon February 18, 2013
Maker's Mark to Restore Alcohol Content to Whiskey
After backlash from customers, the producer of Maker's Mark bourbon is reversing a decision to cut the amount of alcohol. The company's chief operating officer says they will restore the alcohol volume of its product to its historic level of 45 percent, or 90 proof. Last week, it said it was lowering the amount to 42 percent, or 84 proof, because of a supply shortage.
The brand known for its square bottles sealed in red wax has struggled to keep up with demand and has had to curtail shipments to some overseas markets.