Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon February 18, 2013
Maker's Mark to Restore Alcohol Content to Whiskey
After backlash from customers, the producer of Maker's Mark bourbon is reversing a decision to cut the amount of alcohol. The company's chief operating officer says they will restore the alcohol volume of its product to its historic level of 45 percent, or 90 proof. Last week, it said it was lowering the amount to 42 percent, or 84 proof, because of a supply shortage.
The brand known for its square bottles sealed in red wax has struggled to keep up with demand and has had to curtail shipments to some overseas markets.