Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri March 13, 2009
Maiden Alley - "Waltz with Bashir"
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Israeli filmmaker Ari Folman is best known for his television dramas and scores. But Folman is also a veteran of Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon and as a 19-year-old soldier, he witnessed the massacre of Palestinians by Christian Phalangists in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps that same year. His struggle to remember that time in his life is the subject of the Golden Globe Award-winning animated film, "Waltz with Bashir." Todd Hatton speaks with Larry Thomas about the film, on offer this week at Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah.