Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri December 5, 2008
Maiden Alley - "The Duchess"
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – "The Duchess" sounds like a thoroughly 21st century movie. It stars Keira Knightley & Ralph Fiennes in a story about a vibrant woman confined in a loveless marriage, who fights to realize her personal power and potential. The film, however, is set in the 18th century, & chronicles the life of Georgiana Cavendish, the Duchess of Devonshire. She was active in liberal politics in a time when women's suffrage was still a hundred years away, although she's probably better known as the great-great-great aunt of England's Princess Diana. Todd Hatton spoke with Larry Thomas about "The Duchess," on offer this weekend at Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah.