Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri February 20, 2009
Madisonville Storm Damage
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Madisonville officials have already assessed 1-point-6 million dollars in costs from January's ice storm, and they expect that number to go up. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has promised to reimburse 75 percent of costs. The state will take on 12 percent, with the city responsible for the leftover 13 percent. Mayor Will Cox tells the Madisonville Messenger he plans to propose cuts to the city budget to offset storm-related expenses. Hopkins County Judge-Executive says he anticipates his area's cleanup costs to run around six-hundred-thousand dollars.