Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue October 14, 2008
Madisonville Couple Sue Magistrate and RMC
By Todd Hatton
Madisonville, KY – A Madisonville couple filed a lawsuit yesterday against Hopkins County 7th District Magistrate Wesley Lynn and Madisonville's Regional Medical Center over allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct by Lynn.
Terence and Barbara Campbell allege that Lynn, who worked at the hospital as an emergency room paramedic, assaulted Barbara Campbell last November in the RMC's ER. The lawsuit also says the hospital was negligent in not taking action against Lynn at the time.
The Madisonville Messenger reports Lynn resigned in July and that his paramedic license has been temporarily suspended by the state. Lynn faces two charges of 1st degree sexual abuse and one count of 3rd degree sexual abuse over alleged similar incidents in April and September. A grand jury is scheduled to hear the case October 21st. (Madisonville Messenger)