Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue October 14, 2008
Madisonville Couple Sue Magistrate and RMC
By Todd Hatton
Madisonville, KY – A Madisonville couple filed a lawsuit yesterday against Hopkins County 7th District Magistrate Wesley Lynn and Madisonville's Regional Medical Center over allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct by Lynn.
Terence and Barbara Campbell allege that Lynn, who worked at the hospital as an emergency room paramedic, assaulted Barbara Campbell last November in the RMC's ER. The lawsuit also says the hospital was negligent in not taking action against Lynn at the time.
The Madisonville Messenger reports Lynn resigned in July and that his paramedic license has been temporarily suspended by the state. Lynn faces two charges of 1st degree sexual abuse and one count of 3rd degree sexual abuse over alleged similar incidents in April and September. A grand jury is scheduled to hear the case October 21st. (Madisonville Messenger)