Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Wed January 16, 2013
Lyon County Votes to Allow Alcohol Sales
Lyon County residents approved alcohol sales in a countywide wet/dry vote yesterday. It is the latest in a string of alcohol sales referendums in west Kentucky’s dry patches. County Judge Executive Wade White says people have been quick to take advantage of the county’s new wet status.
“This morning when I got here there were people wanting to apply for licenses. So I have spent most of the morning trying to find out exactly how that takes place and what the procedures are going to be,” said White.
Lyon County officials now have 60 days to approve new alcohol sales laws before licenses will be issued. That time period also allows time for Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Commission training and inspections.