Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed January 16, 2013
Lyon County Votes to Allow Alcohol Sales
Lyon County residents approved alcohol sales in a countywide wet/dry vote yesterday. It is the latest in a string of alcohol sales referendums in west Kentucky’s dry patches. County Judge Executive Wade White says people have been quick to take advantage of the county’s new wet status.
“This morning when I got here there were people wanting to apply for licenses. So I have spent most of the morning trying to find out exactly how that takes place and what the procedures are going to be,” said White.
Lyon County officials now have 60 days to approve new alcohol sales laws before licenses will be issued. That time period also allows time for Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Commission training and inspections.