Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue September 18, 2012
Low Mississippi River water hampers port work
Low water in the Mississippi River is delaying work on a new west Tennessee river port. Cates Landing construction site project manager Michael Sanders says the low levels are delaying placement of rock, completion of piers at the site, dredging operations and work on the walkways, lighting, power and other site work.
Sanders provided the Northwest Tennessee Regional Port Authority with a detailed construction update Thursday in Dyersburg. Sanders says work is proceeding on pouring warehouse concrete, plumbing installation, and the truck scale. But Sanders says low water could remain an issue into next year.