Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue September 18, 2012
Low Mississippi River water hampers port work
Low water in the Mississippi River is delaying work on a new west Tennessee river port. Cates Landing construction site project manager Michael Sanders says the low levels are delaying placement of rock, completion of piers at the site, dredging operations and work on the walkways, lighting, power and other site work.
Sanders provided the Northwest Tennessee Regional Port Authority with a detailed construction update Thursday in Dyersburg. Sanders says work is proceeding on pouring warehouse concrete, plumbing installation, and the truck scale. But Sanders says low water could remain an issue into next year.