Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon January 6, 2014
Lourdes Completes Hospice Fundraiser
Lourdes Hospital announced this weekend it has met its $7-million fundraising goal for a new hospice care facility. For the past nine and a half months, Lourdes Foundation has been raising funds for a 10,000 square foot inpatient care center facility for the terminally ill.
More than four hundred people contributed to the Campaign for the Lourdes Hospice Care Center, with more gifts currently being processed.
Ray and Kay Eckstein were among the first to support the campaign, generously donating $1.5 million to the project.
Once constructed will be called The Ray & Kay Eckstein Hospice Care Center at Lourdes.
According to the hospital every detail of the center will be designed so the patient and family can focus on their time together