Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon January 6, 2014
Lourdes Completes Hospice Fundraiser
Lourdes Hospital announced this weekend it has met its $7-million fundraising goal for a new hospice care facility. For the past nine and a half months, Lourdes Foundation has been raising funds for a 10,000 square foot inpatient care center facility for the terminally ill.
More than four hundred people contributed to the Campaign for the Lourdes Hospice Care Center, with more gifts currently being processed.
Ray and Kay Eckstein were among the first to support the campaign, generously donating $1.5 million to the project.
Once constructed will be called The Ray & Kay Eckstein Hospice Care Center at Lourdes.
According to the hospital every detail of the center will be designed so the patient and family can focus on their time together