Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri May 18, 2012
Louisville Shootings Leave Three Dead
Three people were killed yesterday after a chaotic shooting scene that had crowds running for cover in a crime-ridden section of Louisville.
24-year-old Tyson Mimms and 22-year-old Craig Bland Jr. were killed in a shooting in the city's Russell neighborhood, which is dotted with boarded-up houses. As police investigated and media and onlookers gathered nearby, shots rang out about four houses down in a separate shooting where 24-year-old Makeba Lee was killed. Police have not released a motive for the first shooting, which also wounded at least three other people. Louisville Metro Police Chief Steve Conrad says there appears to be no connection between the slayings.