Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri May 18, 2012
Louisville Shootings Leave Three Dead
Three people were killed yesterday after a chaotic shooting scene that had crowds running for cover in a crime-ridden section of Louisville.
24-year-old Tyson Mimms and 22-year-old Craig Bland Jr. were killed in a shooting in the city's Russell neighborhood, which is dotted with boarded-up houses. As police investigated and media and onlookers gathered nearby, shots rang out about four houses down in a separate shooting where 24-year-old Makeba Lee was killed. Police have not released a motive for the first shooting, which also wounded at least three other people. Louisville Metro Police Chief Steve Conrad says there appears to be no connection between the slayings.