Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri May 18, 2012
Louisville Shootings Leave Three Dead
Three people were killed yesterday after a chaotic shooting scene that had crowds running for cover in a crime-ridden section of Louisville.
24-year-old Tyson Mimms and 22-year-old Craig Bland Jr. were killed in a shooting in the city's Russell neighborhood, which is dotted with boarded-up houses. As police investigated and media and onlookers gathered nearby, shots rang out about four houses down in a separate shooting where 24-year-old Makeba Lee was killed. Police have not released a motive for the first shooting, which also wounded at least three other people. Louisville Metro Police Chief Steve Conrad says there appears to be no connection between the slayings.