Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri January 4, 2013
Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer Rules Out Senate Bid
Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer says he's leaning toward running for a second term, and will not run for the U.S. Senate again. Fischer's first bid for public office was in 2008, when he lost the Democratic Primary to run against Republican Senator Mitch McConnell.
McConnell is up again for re-election next year, but Fischer told WFPL he's not interested in that office. That's not to say Fischer has firmly decided to run for re-election for mayor. He says,
“This is a family decision on a second term. I'm certainly leaning toward that. We'll make a decision sometime in the next couple months.”
Fischer added that he enjoys being mayor, and it's hard to accomplish all of his goals in a single term.