Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri January 4, 2013
Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer Rules Out Senate Bid
Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer says he's leaning toward running for a second term, and will not run for the U.S. Senate again. Fischer's first bid for public office was in 2008, when he lost the Democratic Primary to run against Republican Senator Mitch McConnell.
McConnell is up again for re-election next year, but Fischer told WFPL he's not interested in that office. That's not to say Fischer has firmly decided to run for re-election for mayor. He says,
“This is a family decision on a second term. I'm certainly leaning toward that. We'll make a decision sometime in the next couple months.”
Fischer added that he enjoys being mayor, and it's hard to accomplish all of his goals in a single term.