Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu August 29, 2013
Louisville To Host Southern Governor's Association
Governors from across the South will convene in Louisville Sept. 7-9 to discuss regional issues, particularly expanding the manufacturing industry. The Southern Governor's Association, chaired by Gov. Steve Beshear, will also look at a variety of other issues ranging from energy to infrastructure at the annual meeting to be held at the Seelbach Hotel.
Experts also will discuss how to maintain the South's logistical competitiveness and creation of a regional manufacturing plan. Beshear wraps up a yearlong term as president of the group at the close of the meeting. Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe will take over at that point.