Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue December 29, 2009
Lone Oak Madam Pleads Guilty
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A Lone Oak woman has pled guilty to promoting prostitution and now awaits sentencing. Whether Susan Ramsey will serve two years in jail or on probation will be decided by Circuit Judge Tim Kaltenbach in March. Ramsey was arrested back in August and was indicted for employing two or more prostitutes for at least half a year before her arrest. According to the Paducah Sun, Ramsey headed Brooke's Escort Service, sending prostitutes to homes and hotels all over the region. The business was promoted online and in phone books.