Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon April 15, 2013
Lone Oak Elementary Schooler Receives Kentucky Service Award
A 10-year old Lone Oak Elementary School student has won the Kentucky Youth Volunteer Service Award for her anti-bullying initiatives.
Morgan Guess brought the Bully movie and its director Lee Hirsch to Paducah, raised $20,000 for a foundation she started with her mother and invited author and bullying survivor Jodee Blanco to speak to 6,000 middle and high schoolers. Guess also started a Kids for Kindness social media campaign.
The award recognizes a Kentuckian under the age of 18 who has made significant contributions as a volunteer.