Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon April 15, 2013
Lone Oak Elementary Schooler Receives Kentucky Service Award
A 10-year old Lone Oak Elementary School student has won the Kentucky Youth Volunteer Service Award for her anti-bullying initiatives.
Morgan Guess brought the Bully movie and its director Lee Hirsch to Paducah, raised $20,000 for a foundation she started with her mother and invited author and bullying survivor Jodee Blanco to speak to 6,000 middle and high schoolers. Guess also started a Kids for Kindness social media campaign.
The award recognizes a Kentuckian under the age of 18 who has made significant contributions as a volunteer.