Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu November 7, 2013
Local Winery to Build Store in Murray
Paris Winery and Spirits, which currently operates in Tennessee is looking to open a sales and tasting business in Murray.
The city's zoning board has approved the wineries application to occupy the old Domino’s Pizza building on 12th Street.
Owner Lisa Ciarrocchi says she can now focus on obtaining a small farm winery license that should allow the business to conduct sales, tastings and, at some point, fermentation at the Murray location.
The proposed storefront isn't considered a package liquor store. State law limits the number liquor stores per community by population. Ciarrocchi says she hopes to open the store by March.