Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon January 6, 2014
Local Airlines Feeling Weather Woes
As a blast of winter weather moves across Kentucky, airlines are delaying or cancelling flights to and from the area because of difficulties with ice and snow around the country.
At Barkley Regional Airport in Paducah, United Airlines canceled all flights in and out of the airport for today and Tuesday because of the freezing temperatures.
Airport officials say the cancellations are because of icing at other air fields where the airline flies.
Multiple flights on U.S. Airways, Delta Airlines and American Airlines destined for Louisville International Airport were reporting delays of more than three hours and cancellations.
The flights were from a variety of locations, including New York, Chicago and Dallas.