Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue September 11, 2012
Lindsey Harlan Speaks on Helping Children Through CASA
Court Appointed Special Advocates, or CASAs are volunteers who are trained to help in cases of child abuse and neglect. Volunteers observe children first hand and report back to the court to help judges make the best decision in family court cases. Kentucky has 2o CASA programs. In 2010, they served a little over 2,000 children. Funding for these programs comes from donations and grants, and directly contributes to how many children they may serve.
Angela Hatton spoke with Lindsey Harlan, the executive director of CASA of Marshall and Calloway Counties.