Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon July 2, 2012
Lights Out on Eggners Ferry Bridge
A Kentucky Transportation Cabinet electrical crew is checking the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge after navigation lights failed overnight.
A boater called Calloway County 911 dispatchers late last night saying the lights were out on the bridge that spans Kentucky Lake. A state trooper checked and confirmed the bridge was dark, and Coast Guard officials were informed to warn barge crews. The bridge was struck by a cargo ship in January, knocking a more than 300 foot span into the lake. It re-opened to vehicle traffic just in time for the Memorial Day weekend. Navigation lighting was repaired during work to restore the bridge.