Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon August 26, 2013
Libertarian Candidate Enters KY Senate Race
Kentucky Libertarian David Patterson has announced his intention to run for U.S. Senate. The 42-year-old Harrodsburg police officer says he's making a bid to unseat Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell because voters are looking for an alternative. State Libertarian Party Chair Ken Moellman said he's pleased Patterson wanted to get into the race. Patterson will seek the party's nomination in an internal primary on March 1.
McConnell is seeking a sixth term in office in next year's election. His chief rival is Democratic and Kentucky's secretary of state front-runner Alison Lundergan Grimes.