Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue February 26, 2013
Liberal Group Airs Second Ad Attacking McConnell
A Washington-based group has started airing its second TV ad in Kentucky criticizing U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell on his pro-gun record.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee began airing the spot Monday, saying it spent $100,000 on both ads. The newest ad focuses on Gary Nutt, a Cub Run resident and gun owner who supports a reinstatement of a ban on military-style weapons. Nutt criticizes McConnell's support from the gun lobby and for "blocking reform" and asks who’s side the senator is on.
The McConnell campaign says McConnell knew "protecting Kentucky from President Obama's gun control agenda would result in a flurry of attack ads from left-wing groups."