Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue February 26, 2013
Liberal Group Airs Second Ad Attacking McConnell
A Washington-based group has started airing its second TV ad in Kentucky criticizing U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell on his pro-gun record.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee began airing the spot Monday, saying it spent $100,000 on both ads. The newest ad focuses on Gary Nutt, a Cub Run resident and gun owner who supports a reinstatement of a ban on military-style weapons. Nutt criticizes McConnell's support from the gun lobby and for "blocking reform" and asks who’s side the senator is on.
The McConnell campaign says McConnell knew "protecting Kentucky from President Obama's gun control agenda would result in a flurry of attack ads from left-wing groups."