Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Fri December 21, 2012
LG&E, KU Rates to Increase in 2013
The Kentucky Public Service Commission accepted a settlement increasing the base electric and natural gas rates for Kentucky Utilities Company and Louisville Gas and Electric Company customers. The rate increases take effect Jan. 1. The average monthly bill for a KU residential customer will increase around $5. LG&E electric customers can expect around a $4 increase and natural gas customers a $5.50 increase.
The increases will pay for electric transmission and distribution system upgrades, facility improvements and additional employees. The rate changes do not include bill components that fluctuate such as fuel cost adjustments. The last rate change took effect in 2010.