Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon July 23, 2012
Legislative Report Focuses on Rural Development
State Representative Mike Denham of Maysville would like to see some economic development incentive programs that benefit rural districts like his.
The Democrat serves on the Interim Joint Committee on Economic Development and Tourism and was among those who listened to a consultant’s report last week on the Commonwealth’s current initiatives. Denham represents Mason, Fleming and Bracken Counties and he’s hoping for some strategies that stem the flight of people from places like those to urban areas.
"The last census indicates that Kentucky lost population in the rural communities at quite an alarming rate. It appears that they were following the jobs."
Denham says the new report shows Kentucky’s making progress developing a knowledge-based economic sector but that’s because it started so far behind.