Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue August 28, 2012
Ledbetter Bridge Lane Restriction Wednesday
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will restrict traffic to one lane on the U.S. 60 Tennessee River Bridge at Ledbetter tomorrow. The restriction allows inspectors to take a close look at the bridge’s structure. Highway engineers have been inspecting the span on an accelerated schedule since a three-ton load limit was instituted earlier this year. Transportation officials say the bridge carries more than 7,000 vehicles across the Tennessee River between Paducah and Ledbetter on an average day.