Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed January 30, 2013
LBL Prepares for Spring Season
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area is making some changes to benefit visitors this spring.
Acting area supervisor Brian Beisel says camping will cost less at the Smith Bay and Birmingham Ferry campgrounds because they’ve been converted to backcountry camping areas. There will also be another recreational area available. The Northern Nature Watch Area near the Woodland Nature Center is opening 8,500 acres to day use. Beisel also says Rushing Creek and Jones Creek Campgrounds have been closed to camping and vehicles due to budget reductions in maintenance, but the Jones Creek boat ramp will remain open.