Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed January 30, 2013
LBL Prepares for Spring Season
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area is making some changes to benefit visitors this spring.
Acting area supervisor Brian Beisel says camping will cost less at the Smith Bay and Birmingham Ferry campgrounds because they’ve been converted to backcountry camping areas. There will also be another recreational area available. The Northern Nature Watch Area near the Woodland Nature Center is opening 8,500 acres to day use. Beisel also says Rushing Creek and Jones Creek Campgrounds have been closed to camping and vehicles due to budget reductions in maintenance, but the Jones Creek boat ramp will remain open.