Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Upcoming State Budget Deficit Could Exceed $400 million
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
Wed January 30, 2013
LBL Prepares for Spring Season
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area is making some changes to benefit visitors this spring.
Acting area supervisor Brian Beisel says camping will cost less at the Smith Bay and Birmingham Ferry campgrounds because they’ve been converted to backcountry camping areas. There will also be another recreational area available. The Northern Nature Watch Area near the Woodland Nature Center is opening 8,500 acres to day use. Beisel also says Rushing Creek and Jones Creek Campgrounds have been closed to camping and vehicles due to budget reductions in maintenance, but the Jones Creek boat ramp will remain open.