Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Wed January 30, 2013
LBL Prepares for Spring Season
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area is making some changes to benefit visitors this spring.
Acting area supervisor Brian Beisel says camping will cost less at the Smith Bay and Birmingham Ferry campgrounds because they’ve been converted to backcountry camping areas. There will also be another recreational area available. The Northern Nature Watch Area near the Woodland Nature Center is opening 8,500 acres to day use. Beisel also says Rushing Creek and Jones Creek Campgrounds have been closed to camping and vehicles due to budget reductions in maintenance, but the Jones Creek boat ramp will remain open.