Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed January 30, 2013
LBL Prepares for Spring Season
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area is making some changes to benefit visitors this spring.
Acting area supervisor Brian Beisel says camping will cost less at the Smith Bay and Birmingham Ferry campgrounds because they’ve been converted to backcountry camping areas. There will also be another recreational area available. The Northern Nature Watch Area near the Woodland Nature Center is opening 8,500 acres to day use. Beisel also says Rushing Creek and Jones Creek Campgrounds have been closed to camping and vehicles due to budget reductions in maintenance, but the Jones Creek boat ramp will remain open.