Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri December 20, 2013
LBL To Close Turkey Bay Area For Storms
Forecasts of 3 to 5 inches of rainfall in the region beginning today has prompted officials at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area to temporarily close Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area.
The area will be closed beginning this (Friday) morning, and staff will evaluate trail conditions as the weather improves.
To check trail conditions before heading to Land Between the Lakes, visit lbl.org and click on "Alerts & Notices".
LBL says after heavy rainfall, visitors should note their surroundings on any of the area's hiking, biking and horseback riding trails to stay safe.