Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri December 20, 2013
LBL To Close Turkey Bay Area For Storms
Forecasts of 3 to 5 inches of rainfall in the region beginning today has prompted officials at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area to temporarily close Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area.
The area will be closed beginning this (Friday) morning, and staff will evaluate trail conditions as the weather improves.
To check trail conditions before heading to Land Between the Lakes, visit lbl.org and click on "Alerts & Notices".
LBL says after heavy rainfall, visitors should note their surroundings on any of the area's hiking, biking and horseback riding trails to stay safe.