Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed December 18, 2013
LBL Announces New Bison Calf
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area says there's a new bison calf at the Elk and Bison Prairie.
The calf was spotted December 9, and LBL says it was probably born during or just before the icy weekend a few days earlier.
LBL says the calf's mother has been very protective of the newborn.
The Elk and Bison Prairie is a drive-through wildlife viewing area and is open from dawn to dusk all year. Admission is $5 per vehicle.
The three-mile trip includes exhibits explaining the significance of the animals and other native wildlife. The prairie is on the Trace near the Visitor's Center.
For more information call (800) 525-7077.