Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed December 18, 2013
LBL Announces New Bison Calf
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area says there's a new bison calf at the Elk and Bison Prairie.
The calf was spotted December 9, and LBL says it was probably born during or just before the icy weekend a few days earlier.
LBL says the calf's mother has been very protective of the newborn.
The Elk and Bison Prairie is a drive-through wildlife viewing area and is open from dawn to dusk all year. Admission is $5 per vehicle.
The three-mile trip includes exhibits explaining the significance of the animals and other native wildlife. The prairie is on the Trace near the Visitor's Center.
For more information call (800) 525-7077.