Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
2013 KY General Assembly
Fri February 8, 2013
Lawmakers Consider Allowing Election Day Alcohol
Lawmakers in Kentucky are again considering lifting a Prohibition-era ban on the sale of alcohol at restaurants, bars and retail stores on Election Day. The Senate Licensing, Occupations and Administrative Regulations Committee has already given initial approval to legislation that would allow alcohol sales during hours that polls are open. The measure, sponsored by Republican Sen. John Schickel of Union, now goes to the full Senate for consideration.
Kentucky and South Carolina are the only two states that have such bans in place. In the past five years, similar bans have been lifted in Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Utah and West Virginia. Similar measures filed in Kentucky in past years have failed.