Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue July 2, 2013
Law Enforcement Taking Part In 'Blue Lights'
Kentucky Highway Safety Director Bill Bell says law enforcement officers will be working with his office to clamp down on traffic violations this month in a project called "Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass." The number of traffic fatalities in Kentucky has been dropping, but the Transportation Cabinet says there was a spike in June compared with the previous year.
The total for the year to date, however, is still below this time in 2012, 310 for the first six months, 62 fewer than a year ago. The cabinet says officers will patrol all roadways in their area with special emphasis on locations where most of the crashes have happened.