Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue July 2, 2013
Law Enforcement Taking Part In 'Blue Lights'
Kentucky Highway Safety Director Bill Bell says law enforcement officers will be working with his office to clamp down on traffic violations this month in a project called "Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass." The number of traffic fatalities in Kentucky has been dropping, but the Transportation Cabinet says there was a spike in June compared with the previous year.
The total for the year to date, however, is still below this time in 2012, 310 for the first six months, 62 fewer than a year ago. The cabinet says officers will patrol all roadways in their area with special emphasis on locations where most of the crashes have happened.