Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue July 2, 2013
Law Enforcement Taking Part In 'Blue Lights'
Kentucky Highway Safety Director Bill Bell says law enforcement officers will be working with his office to clamp down on traffic violations this month in a project called "Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass." The number of traffic fatalities in Kentucky has been dropping, but the Transportation Cabinet says there was a spike in June compared with the previous year.
The total for the year to date, however, is still below this time in 2012, 310 for the first six months, 62 fewer than a year ago. The cabinet says officers will patrol all roadways in their area with special emphasis on locations where most of the crashes have happened.