Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Fri November 9, 2012
Lattus Ruled Competent to Stand Trial for Shooting of Hickman Mayor
A Hickman, Kentucky man has been indicted again in the fatal shooting of the city’s mayor after he was ruled competent to stand trial. Commonwealth Attorney Mike Stacy says murder charges have been issued against 30-year-old Tommy Lattus for the January shooting of Mayor Charles Murphy.
Stacy says a Fulton County grand jury returned the indictment after officials at Western State Hospital in Hopkinsville ruled Lattus competent. Police say Lattus turned himself at the station the night of the shooting and confessed to Murphy’s murder.