Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri November 9, 2012
Lattus Ruled Competent to Stand Trial for Shooting of Hickman Mayor
A Hickman, Kentucky man has been indicted again in the fatal shooting of the city’s mayor after he was ruled competent to stand trial. Commonwealth Attorney Mike Stacy says murder charges have been issued against 30-year-old Tommy Lattus for the January shooting of Mayor Charles Murphy.
Stacy says a Fulton County grand jury returned the indictment after officials at Western State Hospital in Hopkinsville ruled Lattus competent. Police say Lattus turned himself at the station the night of the shooting and confessed to Murphy’s murder.