Most Active Stories
- Revised Forecast Ups Ice Accumulation in TN Border Counties
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Thu November 15, 2012
Large Number of 2010 Henry County Property Taxes Outstanding
Property taxes owed for 2010 are delinquent on more than 1,400 pieces of Henry County property. The Post-Intelligencer reports Clerk and Master Mary Burns says that number is four times higher than previous years. Burns is requesting an additional $14,000 to pay postage for summons notices for delinquent property owners.
Burns says each notice costs nearly $11, but says the postage and other costs are added to the tax bill when it’s collected, or recouped when the property is sold. The County Budget Committee recommended the additional money come from unappropriated money in the general fund.