Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu November 15, 2012
Large Number of 2010 Henry County Property Taxes Outstanding
Property taxes owed for 2010 are delinquent on more than 1,400 pieces of Henry County property. The Post-Intelligencer reports Clerk and Master Mary Burns says that number is four times higher than previous years. Burns is requesting an additional $14,000 to pay postage for summons notices for delinquent property owners.
Burns says each notice costs nearly $11, but says the postage and other costs are added to the tax bill when it’s collected, or recouped when the property is sold. The County Budget Committee recommended the additional money come from unappropriated money in the general fund.