Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue February 2, 2010
Lake Bridges Could Get Funding
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear's recommended highway plan is before the General Assembly. Included in projected investments is 330-million dollars to build new bridges across Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says if the funding passes it should be enough to cover the entire project. Todd says construction on each bridge will take between four and six years when it begins. The governor's transportation recommendation projects ten billion dollars in spending over the next six years.