Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue February 2, 2010
Lake Bridges Could Get Funding
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear's recommended highway plan is before the General Assembly. Included in projected investments is 330-million dollars to build new bridges across Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says if the funding passes it should be enough to cover the entire project. Todd says construction on each bridge will take between four and six years when it begins. The governor's transportation recommendation projects ten billion dollars in spending over the next six years.