Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon March 12, 2012
Lake Barkley Bridge Struck
The US 68/KY 80 bridge over Lake Barkley at Canton is open again to traffic this morning following a strike by a fourteen barge tow early this morning. The U.S. Coast Guard reports the Motor Vessel EVT was pushing the empty barges downriver when a gust of wind forced a controlled landing against one of the bridge piers. The collision was severe enough that the lead barge was taking on water. Kentucky Transportation spokesman Keith Todd says the Cabinet dispatched an inspector who reported no structural damage to the bridge.