Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 10, 2013
Kynect Enrollment Increasing After Thanksgiving
Enrollment through kynect, Kentucky's health benefits website, has grown by more than 11,000 in a 10-day period starting Thanksgiving week.
Gov. Steve Beshear's office says the technology team for the state's online health insurance marketplace was expecting an increase in traffic, applications and enrollments after Thanksgiving and increased capacity to prepare.
A news release from Beshear's office says the site enrolls about 1,000 Kentuckians a day.
The largest increase is among people buying private health insurance plans. The state says nearly 4,000 people chose a new insurance policy, a 32% increase.
Nearly 72,000 people had enrolled in new health coverage as of last Thursday, including Medicaid and private insurance.