Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue December 10, 2013
Kynect Enrollment Increasing After Thanksgiving
Enrollment through kynect, Kentucky's health benefits website, has grown by more than 11,000 in a 10-day period starting Thanksgiving week.
Gov. Steve Beshear's office says the technology team for the state's online health insurance marketplace was expecting an increase in traffic, applications and enrollments after Thanksgiving and increased capacity to prepare.
A news release from Beshear's office says the site enrolls about 1,000 Kentuckians a day.
The largest increase is among people buying private health insurance plans. The state says nearly 4,000 people chose a new insurance policy, a 32% increase.
Nearly 72,000 people had enrolled in new health coverage as of last Thursday, including Medicaid and private insurance.