Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue December 10, 2013
Kynect Enrollment Increasing After Thanksgiving
Enrollment through kynect, Kentucky's health benefits website, has grown by more than 11,000 in a 10-day period starting Thanksgiving week.
Gov. Steve Beshear's office says the technology team for the state's online health insurance marketplace was expecting an increase in traffic, applications and enrollments after Thanksgiving and increased capacity to prepare.
A news release from Beshear's office says the site enrolls about 1,000 Kentuckians a day.
The largest increase is among people buying private health insurance plans. The state says nearly 4,000 people chose a new insurance policy, a 32% increase.
Nearly 72,000 people had enrolled in new health coverage as of last Thursday, including Medicaid and private insurance.