Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue November 2, 2010
KY Voters Want Gridlock
By Charles Compton
Murray, KY – Many voters in yesterday's elections said they wanted a return to congressional gridlock. As voters left the polls, some said they wanted a balance between Republicans and Democrats. Political scientist Joe Gerschtenson thinks that desire for gridlock is unique to this election year.
"Whether they like gridlock, per se, I think is another question. And so some of the expression of liking gridlock, I not sure that we would see that in subsequent elections."
Gershtenson, who teaches at Eastern Kentucky University, says voter discontent with the President and the economy powered the election. And, as a result, Democrats who ran in local races paid the price.