Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon December 9, 2013
KY Voters Prepare For Special Elections
Voters in parts of Kentucky will go to the polls tomorrow for a pair of special elections. Republican Suzanne Miles of Owensboro and Kim Humphrey of Morganfield are running to fill a vacancy in West Kentucky’s 7th House District.
That seat was formerly held by John Arnold, who is currently embroiled in a spate of sexual harassment investigations. Arnold resigned in September, citing health concerns.
And in Lexington’s 13th Senate District, a three-way race is underway to replace Democratic Sen. Kathy Stein, who was appointed to a Fayette County family court judgeship earlier this year.
Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.