Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 9, 2013
KY Voters Prepare For Special Elections
Voters in parts of Kentucky will go to the polls tomorrow for a pair of special elections. Republican Suzanne Miles of Owensboro and Kim Humphrey of Morganfield are running to fill a vacancy in West Kentucky’s 7th House District.
That seat was formerly held by John Arnold, who is currently embroiled in a spate of sexual harassment investigations. Arnold resigned in September, citing health concerns.
And in Lexington’s 13th Senate District, a three-way race is underway to replace Democratic Sen. Kathy Stein, who was appointed to a Fayette County family court judgeship earlier this year.
Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.