Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon December 9, 2013
KY Voters Prepare For Special Elections
Voters in parts of Kentucky will go to the polls tomorrow for a pair of special elections. Republican Suzanne Miles of Owensboro and Kim Humphrey of Morganfield are running to fill a vacancy in West Kentucky’s 7th House District.
That seat was formerly held by John Arnold, who is currently embroiled in a spate of sexual harassment investigations. Arnold resigned in September, citing health concerns.
And in Lexington’s 13th Senate District, a three-way race is underway to replace Democratic Sen. Kathy Stein, who was appointed to a Fayette County family court judgeship earlier this year.
Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.