Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon December 9, 2013
KY Voters Prepare For Special Elections
Voters in parts of Kentucky will go to the polls tomorrow for a pair of special elections. Republican Suzanne Miles of Owensboro and Kim Humphrey of Morganfield are running to fill a vacancy in West Kentucky’s 7th House District.
That seat was formerly held by John Arnold, who is currently embroiled in a spate of sexual harassment investigations. Arnold resigned in September, citing health concerns.
And in Lexington’s 13th Senate District, a three-way race is underway to replace Democratic Sen. Kathy Stein, who was appointed to a Fayette County family court judgeship earlier this year.
Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.