Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed November 27, 2013
KY Vehicle Exports Rapidly Rising
Vehicle exports from Kentucky were up 43% through the first nine months of the year, setting a state record.
Governor Steve Beshear says the state exported more than $3 billion worth of vehicles between January and September.
That number could top $4 billion by year's end. The previous record for vehicle exports was $2.7 billion set last year.
Beshear says a significant part of the growth is the result of exports to Saudi Arabia, which now is the second largest buyer of Kentucky-made automobiles.
Canada remains the top consumer of vehicles produced in Kentucky.