Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed November 27, 2013
KY Vehicle Exports Rapidly Rising
Vehicle exports from Kentucky were up 43% through the first nine months of the year, setting a state record.
Governor Steve Beshear says the state exported more than $3 billion worth of vehicles between January and September.
That number could top $4 billion by year's end. The previous record for vehicle exports was $2.7 billion set last year.
Beshear says a significant part of the growth is the result of exports to Saudi Arabia, which now is the second largest buyer of Kentucky-made automobiles.
Canada remains the top consumer of vehicles produced in Kentucky.