Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 27, 2013
KY Vehicle Exports Rapidly Rising
Vehicle exports from Kentucky were up 43% through the first nine months of the year, setting a state record.
Governor Steve Beshear says the state exported more than $3 billion worth of vehicles between January and September.
That number could top $4 billion by year's end. The previous record for vehicle exports was $2.7 billion set last year.
Beshear says a significant part of the growth is the result of exports to Saudi Arabia, which now is the second largest buyer of Kentucky-made automobiles.
Canada remains the top consumer of vehicles produced in Kentucky.