Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed November 27, 2013
KY Vehicle Exports Rapidly Rising
Vehicle exports from Kentucky were up 43% through the first nine months of the year, setting a state record.
Governor Steve Beshear says the state exported more than $3 billion worth of vehicles between January and September.
That number could top $4 billion by year's end. The previous record for vehicle exports was $2.7 billion set last year.
Beshear says a significant part of the growth is the result of exports to Saudi Arabia, which now is the second largest buyer of Kentucky-made automobiles.
Canada remains the top consumer of vehicles produced in Kentucky.