Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed November 27, 2013
KY Vehicle Exports Rapidly Rising
Vehicle exports from Kentucky were up 43% through the first nine months of the year, setting a state record.
Governor Steve Beshear says the state exported more than $3 billion worth of vehicles between January and September.
That number could top $4 billion by year's end. The previous record for vehicle exports was $2.7 billion set last year.
Beshear says a significant part of the growth is the result of exports to Saudi Arabia, which now is the second largest buyer of Kentucky-made automobiles.
Canada remains the top consumer of vehicles produced in Kentucky.