Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue December 1, 2009
KY Supreme Court Upholds Cross Conviction
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Quincy Cross's conviction for the murder of Mayfield teenager Jessica Currin nine years ago will stand. The Kentucky Supreme Court yesterday unanimously upheld the conviction, rejecting seven arguments from Cross's attorneys. The Paducah Sun reports the court's opinion is not final for 20 days, during which attorneys can request that the appeal be reheard. A Hickman County jury convicted Cross last year on charges of murder, rape, tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse, and sentenced him to life without parole.