Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 1, 2009
KY Supreme Court Upholds Cross Conviction
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Quincy Cross's conviction for the murder of Mayfield teenager Jessica Currin nine years ago will stand. The Kentucky Supreme Court yesterday unanimously upheld the conviction, rejecting seven arguments from Cross's attorneys. The Paducah Sun reports the court's opinion is not final for 20 days, during which attorneys can request that the appeal be reheard. A Hickman County jury convicted Cross last year on charges of murder, rape, tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse, and sentenced him to life without parole.