Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri December 20, 2013
KY Supreme Court Rules On Behalf Of Privacy In Hopkinsville New Era Case
The Kentucky Supreme Court unanimously backed a ruling in favor of the Hopkinsville Police Department yesterday.
The justices concluded the state’s open records act should allow public oversight of government agencies, but not for agencies to distribute private information.
The ruling allows the HPD to withhold the personal information of victims, witnesses and uncharged suspects of crimes, including juveniles.
The decision comes after a 2010 lawsuit filed by the Kentucky New Era requesting the Police Department stop redacting personal information in police reports.
A comment is not available from either party at this time. The Court's opinion is available here.